I have several ongoing post series for this blog which I hope will be a handy reference for people growing carnivores in general and sundews in particular. The different series are listed below, including links to individual posts.
A series of posts describing my experiences with different species, their culture requirements, and photos of their growth in my collection. The full series can be read here.
- Drosera adelae
- Drosera allantostigma
- Drosera burmannii
- Drosera intermedia 'Cuba'
- Drosera spiralis
- Drosera spiralis, updated
- Drosera venusta
- Pinguicula gigantea
- Utricularia livida
- Utricularia longifolia
A series of posts describing various aspects of cultivation, which will hopefully be useful to new growers trying to solve the challenges of growing CPs, and experienced growers who are always looking to improve their collection. The full series can be read here.
- Feeding sundews
- Harvesting seed
- Preparing media
- Plant Trading
- Benign Neglect
- Light, part 1
- Light, part 2
- Building an outdoor grow space
A series of conversations with other growers about their experiences growing carnivorous plants. It's always useful to see how someone else does things! The full series can be read here.
- bluemax, a sundew grower living in the Pacific Northwest
- Aidan Selwyn, owner of insektenfang plants, a nursery in southern England specializing in Sarracenia.
- David Flocken, a sundew grower and Drosera capensis fanatic in Utah.
Sometimes you need to get out of the house! A series on visiting other personal, commercial, or institutional collections, and maybe the occasional wild plant. The full series can be read here.
- California Carnivores
- Nepenthes at the Conservatory of Flowers
- Nepenthes at Predatory Plants
- Dews and Pings at Predatory Plants